- 08/03/2010 ATL Ouput patterns enhancement A miss in the ATL syntax has just been corrected: the in keyword is now available for both input and output patterns. This enhancement will be available in ATL 3.1.
It mainly allow to specify in which model you want to create elements, when the old semantics forbade the use of several output models conforming to the same metamodel declaration. The workaround wasn't very intuitive as it consists on declaring the same metamodel with different names...
The use of this keyword is described at the end of this section.
- 14/01/2010 ATL Editor enhancements ATL 3.1 will bring major enhancements, especially in the ATL source files editor. Here is a quick overview of the new features:
Open declaration (both available with F3 and Ctrl-click)
And finally, the long-awaited advanced content assist... now working at any level on OCL expressions and enhanced with code templates
At this time you can test those new features using latest ATL CVS (HEAD branch) source code.
- 09/11/2009 ATL plug-ins ATL 3.1 will provide a new feature which help to achieve ATL programmatic launch: the ATL plugin wizard. This utility first will ask you for transformation parameters (metamodels, libraries paths, transformation modules paths), like below:
Then a new plug-in will be generated, embedding:
- the transformation modules and libraries
- a propery file containing URIs, atl file paths
- a Java class which allow to programmatically launch the ATL transformation
Finally you will be able to launch the transformation using the generated main, or integrating the launcher class into an existing application.
You can test this new wizard using the last 3.1 Milestone build.
- 25/06/2009 ATL Galileo Release ATL 3.0.0 has just been successfully released, and introduce a lot of improvements at both UI and API level. Consult the News and Noteworthy page for more details.
- 12/06/2009 New ATL stack traces Here is a good new for those who ever suffered reading ATL VM's stack traces: ATL3.0.0 provides console hyperlinks which allow to follow errors just by clicking, as you can see below.
- 27/02/2009 A simple ATL/Prefuse Use Case I recently discovered prefuse (better late than never) and the various examples made me imagine an ATL use case: creating several points of view from a given UML2 model. Let's see what it consists on, using for example a model standing for the ATL Virtual Machine structure.
So, a pop-up dynamically launch a set of ATL transformation on a model:
The Tree View shows a containment tree of classes and packages:
The Graph View shows an association sub-net (with a lot of parameters... useless in our case but quite fun):
Those views are quite simplistic - I didn't change original prefuse demos - but could be extended to display more data from the input model.
This example, and other advanced model transformation techniques will be explained in the EclipseCon 2009 ATL tutorial.
- 16/01/2009 Phoenix from the Flames: ATL Docs We have a new strategy for ATL documentation: it was sometimes hard to find an up-to-date and complete version of ATL docs... Now all informations have been merged into the ATL wiki, on three main pages:
Those page will also be available offline, into the eclipse.help ATL doc plugin (available into ATL SDK builds), thanks to WikiText: this great tool provides a very stable way to convert wiki pages into eclipse.help html pages.
So users (and contributors) are now allowed to modify, update ATL documentation: then relevant corrections will be simply applied on each new ATL build, using WikiText !
- 13/08/2008 ATL flow - eclipse 3.4 update The ATLflow project allows to graphically chain ATL transformations. The project has just been updated in order to be compatible with eclipse 3.4.
Thanks to Urs Zeidler for this great tool !
- 01/07/2008 Hello, ATL world! I'm William Piers, an ATL commiter. I work for a french company, Obeo, which deals with all kinds of Model Driven Engineering problematics.
I'm working on ATL Industrialization, which consists on improve ATL quality on several aspects: IDE, performances, features...
This blog will be focused on ATL enhancements and intents to communicate about our plans for ATL.
See you soon !
- 27/07/2007 ATL Training
Hosted by in Nantes on the 10th and 11th of September, 2007 - Contact : email@example.com
- 23/07/2007 ATL Tutorial
"Putting MDA to Work on Eclipse with the AMMA Tool Suite" - presented by Mikael Barbero & Frederic Jouault on october 2nd, 2007 at Nashville, USA
- 05/07/2007 Free tutorial in Nantes
"Practice of model transformation and model weaving with ATL and AMW" - July 13st, 2007 - Contact : Hugo.Bruneliere@univ-nantes.fr
- 08/06/2007 New ATL Use Case
RSM to Topcased UML2 editor
- 08/06/2007 New ATL transformation
OpenBlueLab to UML
- 07/06/2007 New ATL Use Case
Verifying UML profiled models
- 06/06/2007 New ATL Use Case
QVT to ATL Virtual Machine Compiler